2011-01-22

"Grand" in the way non-Irish people mean it, this Canyon is!

En route to the Grand Canyon (on a day trip), was one of those times when I thought the bus ride itself was as worthwhile as the destination. That was, until we got there. Despite having Googled the bejeezus out of it in advance, I was taken aback at its breadth and overwhelmingness. The GC is indeed one of those things that are simply too ginormous to fit into any photograph. Here, not even the finest HD TruLife UltraFine 3D PhotoShop'd panoramic print can even come close to representing reality. I'm afraid my own set of pictures looks particularly fake, but you'll just have to take my word for it that I was there, and that it's not a backdrop. (If only I had brought my passport... I could have got it stamped at the Kolb photography studio / book store.)

Now in the interest of time I dump a load of photos for your purusal.


















We went here on Jan 11 2011. I'll edit this post in future. Perhaps.

1 comment: